DILI, 11 may 2021 (TATOLI)– Government, National Institute for Social and Security (INSS) established six measures to support the businesses across national territories in the sphere of the covid-19 pandemic with a total budget of $45 million.
“We create the new six mechanism called employment supports in the situation of covid-19. We will make a registration for the business across the national territory starting tomorrow (Tuesday 11/05). The registration will be done online following since Timor-Leste is under the State of Emergency,” The President for the Administration Council from the INSS, Longuinhos Amando Leite, told Tatoli via phone.
The six measure are:
1. Extraordinary allowance for employees,70%
2. Extraordinary allowance for self-employed workers, sole proprietors, domestic service workers, and managers and administrators, 85%
3. Exemption from the duty to pay social contributions 6%
4. Extraordinary unemployment benefit 40%;
5. Extraordinary electricity allowance 50% and,
6. Extraordinary income allowance 30%.
Mr. Leite added that the employees must be registered in everyone’s ministries in municipalities.
The registration will be completed within 15 days, However, on May 4, The President of the Republic, Francisco Guterres Lu Olo has issued the date for registration within 15 days which was officially started on May 4 and will be completed on May 28.
Concerning the requirement for the registration, he said, the drivers must fulfill the following criteria,
– Must have a valid driver license,
– The drives must show a public driver license not a private driver license,
– Follow domestic criteria from level 1-10
– For those with level 10 will receive $300 while
– Those with level one will receive $15.
Jornalista: Osória Marques
Editór: Cancio Ximenes