iklan

NATIONAL, DILI, HEALTH

COVID-19: Timor-Leste records one new covid-19 case in RAEOA

COVID-19: Timor-Leste records one new covid-19 case in RAEOA

Health Services DG, Odete Viegas da Silva (Image/Egas Cristovão)

DILI, 29 january 2021 (TATOLI) – A number of positive cases in Timor-Leste is increased to 19 as the Health Authority confirmed another infection case of a Timorese student quarantined at the Hotel OÉupun, in the Special Administrative Region of Oé-Cusse-Ambeno (RAEOA).

The General Coordinator of the Covid-19 Outbreak, Odete Viegas, said the infected patient is 15-year-old traveled to West Timor Atambua on january 4, and continue to stay in Atambua for two weeks before returning to Wini on january 18.

Accirding to Ms Viegas the patient arrived in Timor-Leste cross the border of Sacato, Oé-Cusse on january 20, along with seven other students.

“The student was taken to the quarantine at Hote Oeupun by the covid-19 team, and performing the tests on january 28 and the result turned postive, thus the patient was immediately transferred to the Isolation room, at Oé-Cusse” Viegas said.

At the same time, Viegas highlighted the total number of people who are currently under the compulsory confinement at the Hotel Oeupon.

“The 68 people arrived in Timor-Leste in different dates, among them only eight were crossing the border illegally,” she said.

So far Timor-Leste reported 69 cases of the new coronavirus, 50 of which have recovered.

Following the record from the Ministry of Health (MoH), since the beginning of the outbreak, 18,902 people have completed their laboratory tests, while 166 are waiting for their results.

Currently 412 are being quarantined, 7,497 have left the quarantine.

Journalist: Felicidade Ximenes

Editor: Cipriano Colo

 

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!