iklan

NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, CIVIL SOCIETY, DILI

CQR offers child benefit to 21 babies through “conta do bebê” program

CQR offers child benefit to 21 babies through “conta do bebê” program

The parents hold their babies whose benefit to the “conta do bebê” program. Image/CQR

DILI, 02 july 2021 (TATOLI) – Quesadhip Ruak non-government organization (NGO) provided a child benefit program and have offered some money for 21 babies through the “Conta do bebê” program.

The “Conta do bebê” program is created to help timorese children on their finance issue with a purpose of responding for child basic needs and even save for future life.

The founder of Centro Quesadhip Ruak (CQR), Isabel da Costa Ferreira said that 21 babies have received benefits from the “Conta do bebê” program or baby savings in 2021 from CQR through Bank Mandiri partners.

“Today we are launching the “Conta do bebê” program, the criteria for selecting babies for this program are carried out by the central team by identifying whether they really need help, the data collection process and to fulfill documents are carried out for more than 1 month,” The founder of Quesadhip Ruak, Isabel told to TATOLI Agency this thursday at Taibessi.

She added that the “Conta do bebê” program for this year was given to infants in the municipalities of Dili and Manufahi municipalities, composed of 10 males and 11 females with the total 21 toddlers. It consists of six villages such as Lahane Oriental four infants, Vila-Verde three, Mascarenhas three, Dare three, Madohi one and Comoro five including Holarua Village, Manufahi Municipality, totaling two babies.

The “Conta dobebê” program is a program that was created by the founder of the Quesadhip Ruak Center, Isabel Ruak, in 2014, with the aim of investing in the future of children, so far there are more than 200 babies who have participated in the Conta do Bebe program, 60 of whom have reached six years old.

CQR will continue a program called the “Ba Futuru Program” or the “Ha’u nia Futuru” program initiated by Bank Mandiri where children and parents cannot withdraw their savings until the child turns 17 years old.

“The first investment that CQR made was saving $15 per month for Conta do Bebe, $1 for Hau-nia Futuru, $90 per month for the education of children aged 5 or 6 years old.

This program is aiming to reduce the infant mortality rate, because TL also has problems with malnutrition,” he said.

This year, CQR will expand the “Conta do bebê” program in the Municipality of Manatuto, previously 5 municipalities had already benefited from this program, composed of the municipalities of Aileu, Liquiça, Manufahi, Ermera and Dili.

The General Manager of Bank Mandiri, Danil Morad explained that a good savings account for children is Hau-nia Futuru, because it has a 1.5% higher interest rate than time deposits. “This savings will be kept until the children reach   17 years old.

The goal of this program is to provide savings for a child’s future, money will be given to parents if a child passes away,” he said.

More than 1000 children have been enrolled on the “Ha’u Nia Futuru” program since 2014.

Francisco Gutteres Gusmão da Silva as father of a baby with name, Jevaril Gutteres Alves da Silva, thanked CQR and Bank Mandiri partners for helping to guarantee and together prepare a good future for his child.

“We are very happy with this program for the future of children, we are also grateful to CQR for being an example for others and hopefully those who are able to do the same can do the same”, He said.

Journalist: José Belarmino de Sá

Editor: Rafy Belo

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!