iklan

INTERNATIONAL, SOCIAL AFFAIRS, HEADLINE

The body of Samuel Noronha Soares arrives in Timor-Leste

The body of Samuel Noronha Soares arrives in Timor-Leste

The timorese citizen who died in South Korea, his body arrives in Timor-Leste and received by the family at the international airport of Comoro, Dili, on Tuesday (20/07) Image TATOLI/Francisco Sony

DILI, 20 july 2021 (TATOLI) – The body of the Timorese citizen, Samuel Sebastião Noronha Soares, who died on 27 june 2021, in South Korea has arrived today at Dili International Airport and was received by the family and State Secretary for Vocational Training and Employment (SEFOPE).

Speaking at the Airport, the State Secretary for Vocational Training and Employment (SEFOPE) Alarico de Rosário said Timor-Leste, SEFOPE and the family have lost a good young man.

Rosário said since SEFOPE received official notification from the government of South Korea, SEFOPE put efforts to have the repatriation of the deceased as soon as possible to be buried in Timor-Leste.

“It’s a sad day for Timor-Leste, SEFOPE, and the family to see our son return home in this condition. We want all of our young people to go and work there to boost the family economy, and to develop Timor-Leste. We never expect this to happen to our son, but God has another plan for him,” said Rosário.

“I call on those young people who will be going to work overseas; you need to look after yourself, and think of your family before committing any unexpected move.”

At the same place, the father of the deceased, Celestino Soares thanked Timor-Leste’s Ambassadors to South Korea and SEFOPE for all the efforts to repatriate their loved one back to his place of birth for burial.

“I call on the government of South Korea to reveal the result of their investigation because we want to know what was the main cause of our son’s death. We are still waiting for the investigation,” said Soares.

Samuel Sebastião Noronha Soares was born in Letefoho of Ermera Municipality, on september 27, 1994.

Soares had been working in South Korea for four years and ten months since 2015.

Clementina de Jesus, a staff member of SEFOPE said Soares showed good performance and obeyed the regulations and rules in doing his job in South Korea.

“Because of the good work that he had been doing in South Korea, leading him to sign his second contract known as a committed worker, and went back to work in South Korea on 30 march 2021,” said De Jesus.

However, according to the information from his family, the funeral activity of Samuel Sebastião Noronha Soares will realize at Becusse’s cemetery at 10h00 am.

Journalist: Filomeno Martins

Editor: Rafy Belo

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!