iklan

NATIONAL, DILI, HEALTH

COVID-19 update: TL records four more deaths, 89 infections

COVID-19 update: TL records four more deaths, 89 infections

DILI, 04 september 2021 (TATOLI) – Timor-Leste, today, records four more deaths, 89 new cases, 253 recoveries, and the active cases were 4.261

Of the new cases, 39 were reported in Dili, while the rest were detected in the municipalities, including 22 in Covalima, 11 in Lautem, eight in Baucau, four each in RAEOA, and Viqueque, and one in Bobonaro.

The spokesperson of SIJK, Dr. Rui Maria de Araujo said 54 percent of today’s cases were symptomatic.

Araujo informed 22 percent of the new cases are fully vaccinated citizens, while 8 percent had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccines.

He said among the new cases, 62 were between the ages of 12 and 59, including 24 cases under 20 and three elderly persons over 60. These new cases are made up of 39 men and 50 women.

Araujo informed that 95 of Covid-19 cases had been admitted to Vera Cruz Isolation Center, Guido Valadares National Hospital (HNGV), Lahane Hospital, and other isolation centers across the territory for intensive treatment, with 15 people in critical condition, three of whom required ventilation.

In the last 24 hours, the National Health Laboratory (LNS) has carried out 245 PCR tests, including 53, sentinel surveillance tests, 35 through contact tracing, 35 via random screening, six were carried out following the request for travel authorization out of capital Dili, 33 for the international travel authorization and 83 in quarantines.

Today, SIJK registered four more deaths in Timor-Leste.

The first deceased was a 12-day baby girl, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on august 23 and had been under intensive treatment for more than a week. She passed away today at around 12.20 p.m. local time.

The second deceased was a man in his 70s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on august 23 and admitted to Vera Cruz Isolation Center on the same day. He passed away today at around 2.55 p.m. local time.

The third deceased was a man in his 40s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on september 3. He passed away today at around 05.35 a.m. local time.

The fourth deceased was a 16-year-old man, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on september 3, in Lautem municipality. He passed away yesterday at around 6.00 p.m. local time.

The evolution of the COVID-19 in Timor-Leste, the incidence rate of coronavirus is, on average, in the last week, of 13.4 per 100 thousand inhabitants, while in Dili 30.8, Baucau 14.2, and Viqueque 8.4.

The SIJK kept calling on communities to practice the health and safety guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Health and the WHO to continue combating the spread of the virus as the SIJK’s records showed cases are again mounted in Dili, Ermera, and several municipalities.

Health authorities had warned that Delta variant have already spread in the communities, calling on citizens over 18 to get vaccinated: “Vaccination is the only way to combat the Covid-19.”

There has been a total of 17.468 lab-confirmed cases of the virus in Timor-Leste, with 13.129 recoveries, active cases were 4.261 and 78 deaths, according to SIJK’s data.

In Timor-Leste, of the 754.864 eligible groups, 52.5 percent had received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, of which 27.7 percent have also received their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

 

Journalist: Filomeno Martins

Editor: Nelia Borges Rosario

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!