HEALTH

CCT’s Health Clinics provide primary health care to 10,000 community residents, every year

CCT’s Health Clinics provide primary health care to 10,000 community residents, every year

Photo/special

DILI, 21 december 2022 (TATOLI) – Timor-Leste Cooperative Café Timor (CCT)’s permanent and mobile clinics provide primary health care to more than 10,000 patients, every year, said CCT’s Submanager for Health Development Quality Control, Anibal Idalino Loe. 

“We have eight permanent health clinics and three mobile health clinics that provide primary health care services to over 10,000 rural community residents in two municipalities – Ermera and Ainaro. In Ermera, we have five permanent health clinics (Gleno, Aifu-Ermera, Letefoho, Lauana, and Malabe) and two mobile clinics. Meanwhile, we also have two permanent health clinics (Airakalau and Dare) and one mobile clinic in Ainaro municipality. In addition, we have a permanent clinic in Dili,” Loe told TATOLI at his office, in Bidau-Lecidere, Dili, today. 

He said the mobile health clinics in the two municipalities play a crucial role in providing primary health care to rural and vulnerable communities who have difficulty accessing government hospitals in the municipalities. 

Loe explained that the CCT clinics have two main programs, namely the Community Extension Service (CES) and the Men’s Health Program (MHP). 

“The Primary Health Care Service is under the Community Extension Service (CES) program. The implementation of this program is in line with the health protocols and health policy of the Ministry of Health. The CES program focuses on antenatal and postnatal care services, family planning, immunization, emergency care, and capacity building and training. In addition, we also have another program called the Men’s Health Program (MHP). Under this program, we mobilize communities to voluntarily organize health education activities for the communities,” Loe explained. 

The CCT clinics have been providing primary health services to communities free of charge since their establishment decades ago. 

He said 90 percent of medicines and medical equipment were supported by the Ministry of Health: “So, the other 10 percent comes from the CCT. For example, when we are running out of medicines, then CCT is responsible for purchasing medicines and medical equipment for the laboratory and so on.”

“We have over 90 staff members working in the Health Division of CCT, including health professionals, finance and administrative staff, and cleaning and security staff,” Loe concluded. 

 

 

Journalist: Filomeno Martins

Editor: Nelia Borges

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!