iklan

NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL, DILI

Hands-over ceremony: Metamalik recommends new minister to continue the essential programs

Hands-over ceremony: Metamalik recommends new minister to continue the essential programs

DILI 03 july 2023 (TATOLI)- After being part in Eighth Constitutional Government led by former Prime-Minister Taur Matan Ruak in serving a country, Meta Malik, a Former Minister for National Liberation Combatants Affairs (MNLCA), today, officially handed over the office document and equipment to the new minister of MNLCA, Gil Da Costa Monteiro ‘Oan Soru’, who will take a full responsibility for five years (2023 to 2028) on the mandate.

“We have achieved some progress on the National Liberation Combatants programs. However, we still do not achieve some progress and I requested the new minister to continue the preview program,” Meta Malik told journalists in the hands-over ceremony in the MNLCA office, Caicoli, monday.

The Former Minister recalled, despite MNLCA has made an effort, focusing on the implementation of the essential programs’ such as providing full assistance to National Liberation Combatants, pending some programs which is comprising:

  • To carry out burial ceremonies for the remind veterans or martyrs in the hero’s garden at the municipality level;
  • Focused on veteran data validation which collected in 2019;
  • Data collection for traditional sacred houses;
  • Others.

Mr. Malik said it is grateful momentum to welcome the new minister to take full responsibility for his mandate for five years.

“I recommend to the new minister to continue the essential programs that are still pending in my mandate. I have three years on my mandate and hope the new minister can achieve a good program in five coming years,” the former executive concluded.

Echoing the recommendation of the former minister, the new Minister for National Liberation Combatants Affairs, Gil Da Costa Monteiro ‘Oan Soru’ committed that during the mandate for 120 days will continue the program which is implemented by the preview minister.

“I continue with some essential programs. I am committed to focusing on carrying out the ceremony for the burial of martyrs in the hero’s garden at the municipality level,” Gil Da Costa Monteiro ‘Oan Soru’ said.

Oan Soru showed his  great appreciation to the former minister because some burial ceremonies for Veteran Remains in hero’s Cemetery Gardens in some municipalities such as Aileu, Manufahi, Quelicai, Laga, and others, had been carried out.

“I will focus on data validation. I understand that there is still a lack of 25% of data validation. Even though there are 75 veteran data validation has been made. However, it requires completing data validation before it is published and also to proceeding to the process for the payment process,” he concluded

Journalist: José Belarmino De Sá

Editor: Rafael Ximenes de A. Belo

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!