DILI, 18 december, 2020 (TATOLI)– Timor’s only confirmed Covid-19 patient is continued to recover from the illness, according to the Coordinator of COVID-19 Nilton do Carmo.
The Covid-19 coordinator Nilton do Carmo said the patient’s signs are now negative.
“I therefore declare to the public that the patient has already been discharged today, so he continues to comply with self-quarantine for 14 days and other preventive measures under the control of Ministry of Health,” Nílton do Carmo, said at the press conference in the Palácio das Cinzas, in Dili.
It is recalled that The Coordinator of COVID-19, Odete da Silva Viegas had previously revealed that, the patient is a 35 year old male, traveled from Uganda to Dubai on november 16 2020 and arrived in Malaysia on november 17 and continue travelling to Dili with 63 passengers and was confirmed positive by the Ministry of Health on december 1, 2020 after two weeks.
Timor-Leste has recorded 31 active cases of the disease so far, with all those infected having recovered.
Since the outbreak began, 15,573 people have had laboratory tests, of which 15,179 have tested negative, while 363 are still waiting for the results.
In addition, 257 people are currently in the mandatory quarantine and 165 in the self-quarantine, with 6,784 people having completed 14 days of mandatory confinement in Dili and other municipalities.
Journalist: Felicidade Ximenes
Edit: Agapito dos Santos