DILI, 25 may 2021 (TATOLI)– Timor-Leste on Thursday confirmed 198 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality in the past 24 hours, and 132 recoveries. the country’s COVID-19 Crisis Center said in a statement.
Of the new cases, 183 were found in the capital Dili, 15 in municipalities.
The Coordinator of the COVID-19 Crisis Center (CIGC), Rui de Araújo said, between the new cases 82 were male and 116 were female with seven were present with symptoms and the rest were asymptomatic.
A new deceased patient is a 35-year-old man residing in Mota Kiit Hera and was having a fever and coughing for almost two weeks at home without any other related disease.
Mr. Araújo said the man was confirmed positive by the Authority today May 25, at his residence, after his family informed the CIGC team about his death.
Thus the country currently has 2.666 active cases with 6.014 confirmed cases since and 14 deaths have been recorded so far.
Since yesterday the National Health Laboratory performed 1314 tests, of the number 64 test were performed through the sentinel surveillance, 114 via contact screening, 447 random screening, 574 tests were performed following the request for international and national traveling authorizations, 115 were followed up in quarantine. In addition, 637 tests were also carried out in municipalities.
CIGC Spokesperson renewed his calls on people to strictly follow heath safety guidelines after the country imposed a one-month lockdown in Dili and other municipalities.