NATIONAL, DILI, HEALTH

COVID-19 update: TL records three more deaths, 166 infections

DILI, 29 august 2021 (TATOLI) – Timor-Leste, today, reports three more deaths, 166 new cases, 132 recoveries, and the active cases were 4.554.

Of the new cases, 119 were detected in Dili, while the rest were identified in the municipalities, including 17 in Viqueque, 13 in Aileu, eight in Baucau, five in Ermera, two in Covalima, and one each in Bobonaro and Manatuto.

The spokesperson of SIJK, Dr. Rui Maria de Araujo said 39.1 percent of today’s cases were symptomatic.

He said among the new cases, 127 were between the ages of 12 and 59, including 31 cases under 20 and eight elderly persons over 60. These new cases are made up of 91 men and 75 women.

Araujo informed that 121 of Covid-19 cases had been admitted to Vera Cruz Isolation Center for intensive treatment, with 24 people in critical condition, two of whom required ventilation.

In the last 24 hours, the National Health Laboratory (LNS) has performed 335 PCR tests, including nine sentinel surveillance tests, 179 through contact tracing, 30 via random screening, 94 were carried out following the request for travel authorization out of capital Dili, and 25 in quarantines.

Today, SIJK registered three more deaths in Timor-Leste.

The first deceased was a man in his 70s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on august 20 and admitted to the Lahane Hospital on the same day. He passed away last night at around 08.20 local time.

The second deceased was a man in his late 80s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on august 22 and admitted to the National Hospital Guido Valadares (HNGV) on the same day. He passed away last night at around 10.30 local time.

Another deceased was a man in his early 70s, who was diagnosed with Covid-19 on august 27 and admitted to the Maliana Referal Hospital on the same day. He passed away last night at around 07.30 local time.

The evolution of the COVID-19 in Timor-Leste, the incidence rate of coronavirus is, on average, in the last week, of 23.7 per 100 thousand inhabitants, while in Dili 58.8, Covalima 26.6, Baucau 24.3, Viqueque 13.0, Ainaro 11.1, Manufahi 9.9, and Bobonaro 6.3.

The SIJK kept calling on communities to practice the health and safety guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Health and the WHO to continue combating the spread of the virus as the SIJK’s records showed cases are again mounted in Dili, Ermera, and several municipalities.

Health authorities had warned that Delta variant have already spread in the communities, calling on citizens over 18 to get vaccinated: “Vaccination is the only way to combat the Covid-19.”

There has been a total of 16.402 lab-confirmed cases of the virus in Timor-Leste, with 11.786 recoveries, active cases were 4.554 and 62 deaths, according to SIJK’s data.

In Timor-Leste, of the 754.864 eligible groups, 51.3 percent had received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, of which 25.9 percent have also received their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Journalist: Filomeno Martins

Editor: Nelia Borges Rosario

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!