DILI, 24 october 2023 (TATOLI) – Forty Indonesian universities took part in the Higher Education Expo 2023, which took place at the Indonesian Cultural Centre in Dili, organized by the Indonesian Embassy in Dili. The three-day exhibition will take place from 24 to 26 october 2023. This is the 4th exhibition time since the first one was held in 2016.
The exciting in-person exhibition brings together high-school students from high schools all over the country to meet university admissions representatives.
At the event, the year 12 students were given the chance to visit stands and speak to the representatives from the 40 Universities to discuss their plans to study at these universities.
The Indonesian Ambassador to Timor-Leste, Okto Dorinus Manik, said Indonesia and Timor-Leste have a very special cultural and geographical connection, stating that strengthening ties between the two countries in the education sector is crucial for Timor-Leste’s human resources development.
Dorinus emphasized that education is the only powerful driver of development: “It is education that we consider a top priority to enhance development.”
Vice-Prime Minister and Minister Coordinator for Rural Development and Community Housing, Mariano Assanami Sabino thanked the Indonesian Embassy in Dili for organizing such an important event.
“I thank all parties for their support and I would like to extend my deep appreciation to the representatives of 40 universities who are taking their time to come to Timor-Leste. To those year 12 students who attend this exhibition to use this opportunity to explore more any specific major that you might want to study in Indonesia,” said Assanami.
- Universitas Katolik Atma Jaya, Jakarta
- UNDANA – Universitas Nusa Cendana, Kupang
- Universitas Wiraraja, Madura
- UMN – Universitas Multimedia Nusantara, Jakarta
- UNISA – Universitas ‘Aisyiyah’, Yogyakarta
- STIKES Tlogorejo Semarang
- UNS – Universitas Sebelas Maret, Surakarta
- UNSYIAH – Universitas Syiah Kuala, Aceh
- UNPATTI – Universitas Pattimura, Ambon
- UPI – Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Bandung
- UNIMOR – Universitas Timor, Kefamanu
- UNUSA – Universitas Nahdlatul Ulama, Surabaya
- UNG – Universitas Negeri Gorontalo
- UNJANI – Universitas Jenderal Achmad Yani, Cimahi – Bandung.
- ITSK – Institut Teknologi Sains dan Kesehatan RS Dr. Soepraoen, Malang
- UT – Universitas Terbuka
- ITN – Universitas Teknologi Nasional, Malang
- AMIKOM – Universitas Amikom, Yogyakarta
- UNIMERZ – Universitas Megarezky, Makassar
- UMN – Universitas Multimedia Nusatantara
- ULM – Universitas Lambung Mangkurat
- UNPAD – Universitas Padjadjaran
- UMT – Universitas Muhammadiyah Tangerang
- UMBY – Universitas Mercu Buana
- BINUS – Bina Nusantara University Online, Jakarta
- ITB – Institut Teknologi Bandung
- UNWIRA – Universitas Katolik Widya Mandira, Kupang
- UNTAD – Universitas Tadulako
- UKI – Universitas Kristen Indonesia
- UIN SATU – Universitas Islam Negeri Sayyid Ali Rahmatullah Tulungagung
- IPT – Institut Pariwisata Trisakti, Jakarta
- UAD – Universitas Ahmad Dahlan, Yogyakarta
- UWKS – Universitas Wijaya Kusum, Surabaya
- PU – President University, Jakarta
- UNISMA – Universitas Islam Malang
- UNDIKSHA – Universitas Pendidikan Ganesha, Bali
- UKSW – Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana, Salatiga
- UTA – Universitas 17 Agustus 1945, Jakarta
- UNIKA WM – Universitas Katolik Widya Mandala, Surabya
- UM BUTON – Universitas Muhammadiyah Buton
Journalist: José Belarmino De Sá
Editor: Filomeno Martins