iklan

NATIONAL, DILI, LOCAL

INSS: 9.000 workers eligible to receive extraordinary subsidies from Government

INSS: 9.000 workers eligible to receive extraordinary subsidies from Government

The President of the National Institute of Social Security, Longuinhos Armando Leite

DILI, 17 june 2021 (TATOLI) – Around 9.000 workers across the country were eligible to receive extraordinary subsidies from the Government, through the National Institute of Social Security (INSS).

“We have verified around 9.000 documents of Timorese workers, including 5.000 from capital Dili, and the other 4.000 from the municipalities and RAEOA. Based on our rigorous verification, these workers are eligible to receive extraordinary subsidies as a compensation for loss of income during the COVID-19 and lockdown,” The President of the National Institute of Social Security, Longuinhos Armando Leite told reporters at the INSS office, in Dili, today.

He said the verification of another 3.000 workers’ documents was ongoing, saying the payment of the subsidies would be implemented by the end of june once the verification process was concluded.

“I call on those companies and the small businesses that had registered at INSS prior to this program, to come and process their documents,” said Leite.

He said the subsidies would be given to both international and local companies that registered at INSS and had hired Timorese workers in their companies, adding among all registered companies, 17 were international companies, including Banks.

“I would like to inform you that there are six types of extraordinary subsidies. First, the workers who receive the subsidy through the companies’ bank account would receive 70 percent of their monthly salary. Secondly, those workers who receive the subsidies under their own bank account would receive 85 percent of their monthly salary. Third, the compensation subsidy is 60 percent, fourth, the electricity subsidy is 50 percent, next, the unemployment subsidy is 40 percent and the last one is the renting subsidy which is 30 percent,” revealed Leite.

Leite added the payment would be made via bank transfer: “Thus when they come to do the registration, we need them to provide their bank account. So, we don’t need to worry about how the payment will be made during the lockdown.”

“For those companies that had been registered at INSS, if they don’t come to process their documents then, by the end of June, they have no right to claim the subsidies,” Leite added.

About US$ 45 million had been approved by the National Parliament for the extraordinary subsidies and it had already been transferred to the INSS bank account.

However, the creation of a social security reserved fund approved by the Government through the council of ministers on september 12, 2020 aimed to ensure and connect directly with financial stabilization and sustainability from the social security scheme.

Journalist: Filomeno Martins

Editor: Rafy Belo  

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!