BUSINESS, NATIONAL, DILI

Timor-Leste plans to participate in Expo 2025 Osaka Kansai

Timor-Leste plans to participate in Expo 2025 Osaka Kansai

Minister of Tourism, Trade, and Industry, José Lucas do Carmo da Silva (Photo Tatoli/Antonio Daciparu)

DILI, 24 october 2022 (TATOLI) – The Ministry of Tourism, Trade, and Industry (MoTTI) informed Prime Minister Taur Matan Ruak on monday about Timor-Leste’s plan to participate in Expo 2025 Osaka Kansai. 

“Today, we informed Prime Minister Ruak about our preparation to participate in Expo 2025 Osaka Kansai. We informed Ruak about our Director General who is on his way to participate in a two-day meeting in Tokyo in preparation for Expo 2025 Osaka Kansai,” said Minister of Tourism, Trade, and Industry, José Lucas do Carmo da Silva, after meeting with the Prime Minister, in Dili. 

Minister Silva said that Timor-Leste’s preparation for the event depended on the report from the Director-General’s following the two-day meeting in Tokyo. 

He said that Timor-Leste’s preparation for Expo 2025 Osaka Kansai would soon be presented at the Council of Ministers for its approval. 

“After our Director General returns from Tokyo, then we will know for sure what we should prepare for the international event and it has to be approved by the Council of Ministers,” he said. 

Expo 2025 is an upcoming World Exposition organized and sanctioned by the Bureau International des Expositions, which will be held in Osaka, Japan. 

It will take place over six months during 2025, opening on april 13, 2025, and closing on october 13, 2025. 

This will be the third time Osaka has hosted a World Expo, having previously hosted Expo 1970 and Expo 1990. The projected visitor count is approximately 28 million.

 

 

 

Journalist: Arminda Fonseca

Editor: Julia Chatarina/Nelia Borges

Translation: Filomeno Martins 

iklan
iklan

Leave a Reply

iklan
error: Content is protected !!